GO CORONA 2020
International Online Art Contest for Kids
“If drawing belongs to the world of spirit and colour to that of the senses, you must draw first to cultivate the spirit.”
“ Drawing not only enables children to visualize what they think, but also entertains them and transforms their ideas”
Drawing increases the students’ imagination. Imagination is a key component of a child’s growth. When they imagine, they are able to form their own identities and create a ‘ My World’, thus becoming more independent and advanced.Encouraging imagination enhances freedom of expression and creativity, the two major components any child should imbibe.
Velammal Nexus, a dedicated Educational organisation that creates new opportunities for the students to discover their talents and explore themselves, is organising GO CORONA 2020 an International Online Art Contest for Kids to kindle their latent talent and to sensitize them on the deadly pandemic, COVID 19.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Eligibility and Entry restrictions
The online Drawing Competition is open to children from all countries around the world. Registration to this competition is free. Since this competition is for children between the age of five and fifteen years, the parents are requested to read, understand and accept the terms and conditions of the contest.
By submitting the registration form, the participant and his/her parent accepts all the rules and regulations of the contest. Please read and be sure you understand thoroughly the procedures for participating in the drawing contest.
The age criteria with the topic of the contest is given below.
Students those who are 5 to 7 years are eligible to take up the contest on the topic, Different ways of spending time during lock down.
Students those who are 8 to 10 years are eligible to take up the contest on the topic, Stay home , Stay safe (awareness about COVID - 19)
Students those who are 11 to 13 years are eligible to take up the contest on the topic, Honouring the Noble professionals and service people.
Students those who are 14 to 15 years are eligible to take up the contest on the topic, The global disaster COVID 19.
- The participants must register for the competition before 19.5.2020 (Tuesday)
- The participants must submit the drawing work on or before 27.5.2020 (Wednesday)
- Final results declaration on website : 17.6.2020 (Wednesday)
The size of the drawing work must be A3/A4 and the maximum file size of the drawing work can be 5 mb.
Any medium of the participants’ choice is permitted. There is no restriction on the use of medium. It could be regular pencils, coloured pencils, graphite pencils, charcoal, crayons, sketch pens, oil pastels, water colours, acrylic colours, oil colours. The drawing sketch or painting can be done on any paper – it could be the regular office stationery paper or drawing paper or any other surface suitable for drawing or painting.
The format of the file must be Jpg / Pdf
Submission of creative image
The submission is online. This means that the scanned image or a good quality picture of the drawing along with all the relevant details such as title of the art work, size and a brief description about the art work must be submitted.
The theme of work should be strictly related to Go Corona. The image of the art work must reflect the name of the participant and age with the topic of the contest.
A short autobiography of the participant must be submitted in about 150 words. The autobiography must include the artistic training, the artistic inspiration, the special techniques and passion in life.
A screening committee is formed with two artists or art critics. This committee screens the entries and selects the best as per the criteria.
The judging committee has at least three members and is formed with eminent people, painters or art critics. The committee contains one or more members from the screening committee. The judging committee decides the winners.
The jury of Velammal Nexus will shortlist entries from those received for showcasing them on www.velammalnexus.com and its allied platforms.
All shortlisted artworks (original) will be required to be sent by the respective participant. These artworks will be retained by the members of Jury. Velammal Nexus will use these artworks for the purpose of exhibitions, promotions and for any other purpose as may be required from time to time.
Velammal Nexus will publish the shortlisted artworks with child’s name on the website.
Those students who do not send their original artwork will not be eligible for the prize winning category or any further promotion.
Decision of the Jury will be final and binding.
The artwork submitted to our competitions will be judged based on the following elements of artistic expression:
• Interpretation and the clarity of the theme to the viewer.
• Overall presentation of the image.
• Creativity and originality of the depicted theme.
• Neatness of artistic composition and complete design based on the theme.
Winners and Prize Distribution
The winners selected by the jury will be felicitated with the awards of cash prizes and certificates.
- The First prize winner will be awarded with a cash of rupees 25,000.
- The Second prize winner will be awarded with a cash of rupees 15,000.
- The Third prize winner will be awarded with a cash of rupees 10,000.
- The Fourth prize winner will be awarded with a cash of rupees 7500.
- The Fifth prize winner will be awarded with a cash of rupees 5000.
All other participants will receive an E - Certificate (digital certificate) of participation which can be downloaded by the entrant.
Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the prize winner for 14 days but if the winner fails to respond to our notification attempts within this time or provide an address for delivery of the prize or fails to meet any of the eligibility requirements or is otherwise unable to comply with the competition terms and conditions, we reserve the right to disqualify that entrant and offer the prize to the next eligible entrant and thereafter until a winner is found.
The results of the competition will be announced on our website on 17th June 2020. The announcement may include the name and photograph, the town or region of residence and prize details of each prize winner.
Announcement & Commendation
The prize winners will be announced and commended on the school website www.velammalnexus.com.
The prize winners will be informed of the result via e – mail.
The prize winners will be felicitated with the cash awards and E certificate.
Rules to know
- If a competition entrant does not meet the eligibility requirements, that entrant shall not be entitled to be adjudged a winner and will not be entitled to a prize in any circumstances.
- Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All communication regarding the contest will be in English language only.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of all terms and conditions.
- In the final evaluation of our choices for the top exhibition selections, we will select the artist who has provided us with a complete autobiography.
- In case of any fraudulence or plagiarism detected on the part of the entrant, he/she will be deemed to be disqualified from this Contest.
- The contest entry must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of, or contrary to, all applicable national, state, or local, laws and regulations.
- Velammal Nexus is not responsible for any malfunction of the contest website or the server hosting the site or malfunction/failure of telecommunication transmission, network connectivity, hardware/software failures of any kind.
- Any picture generated with digital, electronic or mechanical tools will not be accepted for the competition.
Right to use & Confidentiality
- The copy rights and intellectual property for the submitted work belong to the participants who produced them. It is the responsibility of the person submitting the entries to protect these rights.
- The entries that have passed the screening belong to the organizers and will not be returned under any circumstances.
- The participants agree that organizers will possess all the rights to use the intellectual property of the submitted artwork for its promotional activities.
- The organizers will treat the submission that contains copyrighted work as though the applicant who has submitted the photo has granted permission to use the copyrighted work from the right holder.
- In case of complaint or objection from third parties related to the copyright of the submitted work, the organizers shall be absolved of all responsibility and liability for legal problems. The dispute will be solved by the participant.
- The participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to the entry guidelines upon submitting the entry form.
We may undertake publicity activities relating to the competitions and prize awards. The winner therefore agrees to use their name, photograph and disclosure of town or region of residence in any post-prize-winning publicity names, surnames, towns or regions of residence and prize details.
Option 1 – Post your query through our website www.velammalnexus.com
Option 2 – Send a message to our Whats App number 7358390402
Option 3 – Send an email to our email id firstname.lastname@example.org